Thursday, September 18, 2008

Market is worsening- only for the ignorant.

For many years, I've heard of recession, crisis, turmoils etc etc. All the $$ taboo words.

I would be totally ignorant or aloof on this matter. Probably I wouldn't know much. As well as I've not been bitten.

Now, I'm feeling the pinch. Emails flood with advice on why Prudential will not fall to similar fate of our Rival AIA. Customers losing trust with the European/American Companies are now steering their way to Local Insurers. Urgent meetings arise touching issues on how to handle their fears.

Gossips and rumours in the air have the words. That as many as hundreds of financial institutes will follow the similar situation of Merril Lynch or AIA.

Someone predicted once that Singapore will be so affected that some decades later, there would be paupers and homeless citizens. And before that to happen this current crisis would evolve as long as over the next 5 to 15 years. Don't be Surprised.

To tell the truth, I'd felt being in a RUT. Having customers who invested their monies, would they get back what they placed? Esp those who have parted their CPF savings for higher(potential) interests.

I'm tearing within. Today colleagues who are salaried and situated at back end, gleefully walked past me saying "Luckily I'm not in this(my) line"

To sum all up, Am I involved? I beg to differ. Lets wait and see. I now remember my Friendster shoutout I placed long ago. 'Millionaire by 32'. The journey is about to begin now. ITs theme shall be "Have greed when all is Fearing" -(courtesy of Warren Buffet and boss on monday)

Before they(colleagues) realise how it impacts them, its good luck to their ignorance...

2 comments:


nithya Total Pageviews